Firm ride light??????

Greg Coleman

When I switch on the firm ride control , the light flashes twice and stops and then flashes twice again and I just changed all 4 shocks with new oem ones.Does anyone know what this means??:confused:

2 flashes indicates a problem with the right rear shock absorber actuator. Maybe the actuator is not on right or gummed up. I would remove it and spray it with electronic spray cleaner. Also, jiggle the pin in the shock to make sure that it is not sticking. The actuator turns the pin that changes the dampening of the shock absorber by opening and closing orafaces in the shock.

Hope this helps.

Bob

I would check the actuators for proper operation. The actuators sit atop of the shock and rotate a stem within the shock to select between firm and plush ride. The firm ride light flashing twice corresponds to the problem shock or actuator. Which one, I do not remember but it's easy enough to check each actuator. Removing one actuator at a time, have a friend flip the firm ride switch between firm and auto while observing the operation of the actuator. It should snap quickly in one direction with the flip of the switch and back when the switch is returned to its original position. If all the actuators work correctly and the shocks are brand new you could have more extensive=expensive repairs on your hands in which case I have not experience in the matter. But try this first and hopefully it 'll work out for you.

Thank you verry much gentlemen.I know I have some comp. codes printed out but no codes on the shock I dont think.I'll check it out,thanks :D

Back