Hey guys I need a little help...

Superbird91

I finally have the chance to put my tranny back in! Anyways my problem is I still have to pull my tourqe converter and while the car is on the ground I can't get the crank pulley to turn..... do I need to put the car in the air or do I have a serious problem?? Thanx in advance guys.

try this

you should be able to put a socket on the bolt inside the balancer and turn the engine over. You can also use a screwdriver and turn the flywheel a tooth at a time,by using the driver as a pry bar between the tooth and the block.. Try this first, and if it won't move, try going the other way.. If it moves some and stops again....NOT GOOD.. Good luck and I hope it turns for you....Rich

not good..

Pull the plugs,ALL OF THEM and try to turn it again.. If it turns you got some water or gas inside it, if not you got a rod out of it,OR you got something else binding it up..Is the trans back in the car?? if so you might not have the converter in right.. This will lock it up also..good luck....Rich

Oh yeah the trans isn't in the car I think the converter that is in it might be in screwy but I dunno oh I kinda bent the sway bar could that cause a problem??

how do you bend something kinda??

Unless it is up against the engine, it won't matter.. As for losing a rod while sitting, NO, But you could have gotten water or something inside the engine.. Take out the plugs and try it again.. Also make sure that there is nothing hitting on the back side of the engine....Rich

Back