EEC Tuner durablity ?'s...

ChaseTruck754

Ok guys - I have been reading up on the EEC tuner vs. chip stuff and having trouble deciding which to do. I was leaning towards the EEC tuner (I'd like ot be able to mess w/ settings, plus I'll be upgrading later most likely), but now I'm not sure. After reading a few posts by David Neibert I have a new ?. That ? is - has anyone besides David had problems w/ the EEC tuner connections? I will be using the truck off road a lot so vibrations on the computer will be hard to fight. If people are having trouble on road I will have MUCH more trouble offroad.
I guess my question runs down to - is the EEC tuner worth it, or should I send my chip out to be burnerd and most likely re-burned. Steve

If you wrap duct tape over the backside of the computer, you could throw that thing and the EEC Tuner shouldn't budge inside the computer..

If it's secured to metal & taped in the computer good, then there should be no issues.

Anthony

It would definately be secure. If there is one thing that off orad driving has taught me it is to make sure EVERYTHING is strapped down securely and dampen the stuff (like computer) that needs it. So I guess that means EEC tuner is a better option then chip for me? Steve

Back