Gtp M90 Vs Sc M90

plev72

Other than the fact that the GTPs have no IC, is there any difference between the innards of our M90s and the innards of the GTP M90? Got my butt handed to me by a couple of new GTPs at the track (but my car was having issues!). Have there been significant improvements to the M90 since '94 when the newstyle SC M90 was introduced? Would it be possible/worthwhile to have the TBird M90 rebuilt using the rebuild parts for a GTP M90? I'm assuming they are pretty much the same inside the casing?

Paul

the GTP have an intercooler, just not in the sense you are thinking. The intercooler is under the supercharger, water cooled. it is a special intake design.

arent those aftermarket ICs? The M90 GTP blowers have the same rotors I think(as 94/94 SCs), less piping and weight,etc etc make them quicker. Most GTP owners are usually pissed if they cant hit 14s with just an overdrive easily:D

GTPs dont have intercoolers, and they only run about 6lbs of boost stock. they have like a 3.6 inch pulley.

3.4" and 3.6" are overdrive pulleys, I think the stock pulley is 3.75" dia. And Peter is correct, they don't have an intercooler. I tried putting a 3.2 dia pulley on my wife's 99 GTP and it made the car slower on the track.

Launching was next to impossible (tires spinning 60-100 ft) and it bogged on the top end from heat and power lost to spin it that fast.

I then made a 3.6 pulley that's on the car now, and it runs mid 14s. It also ran mid and sometimes low 14s with the stock pulley.

David

Back