I suppose I have to start hanging out here now....

Big-Al

166782_54_full.jpg

I just bought her on Saturday from John Machen and his dad. They took really good care of her and she runs and looks great. Pretty much all stock. (yes, 5 speed)
I feel very fortunate to be able to own this car.
My last car was "Esther"...4.6 94 that put out 287lbs of torque to the rear wheels.
you can see my pics on the cardomain site.
www.cardomin.com/id/bestbird

Thanks, and hope to get to know you guys a little better in the future!

WOW !! that is one nice looking 35th SC....... Congrat on your purchase.. Don't worry, with some good mods, you'll easily surpass 287 lbs of torque... :D

SuperCoupe007 said:
WOW !! that is one nice looking 35th SC....... Congrat on your purchase.. Don't worry, with some good mods, you'll easily surpass 287 lbs of torque... :D

Actually, she made 295.4 lbs of torque last night at the rear wheels and 192.0 hp. So I think it's in good shape!

I'll post the dyno sheet later today.

Holly Molly !!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: did you say 295.4 Torque STOCK thats hella good.. HHmm perhaps i should take mine to get it Dyno'ed before i start putting stuff in.. mine is a 90 5-Speed all stock.... considering a 15% driveline loss your SC is making 220 HP and 340 TQ.. Very impressive numbers.. you got a hell of a car !!!!!! :) :)

Yeah, she's a great car. However the clutch just went out in it so she's in the shop at the moment :(

and I wasn't driving her hard either. Just one of those things.

She'll be out in a week and hitting the shows!

oh man, i feel your pain bro.. Yeah i just replaced the clutch on my car a few months ago. I don't drive it hard either.. i guesss it was just time for a new clutch.. Oh well hopefully the new one last atleast a decade.. :D

Yeah, hopefully. THis car had a center force clutch installed in it in 1999 and I know she has been treated well. Oh well.

The center force only lasted 3 years ??? hhhmmm seems kinda short... better keep my foot of the gas peddle... thanks for the tip..

Sweet

Knowing John and his dad personally I can attest for their love of SC's and the care they give them. We should all be so lucky to buy from such conscientious owners. Enjoy the car. :)

I just had a center force dual friction installed about a year ago.. :( i just hope it can last until i can afford the hassle again..

Yeah, apparently the part from the motor was just fine, but the part from the tranny was all chewed up. Oh well. Anyone know of a 5 speed tranny for sale....and cheap? I can't afford much after paying for the clutch install.

<----checks for sale forums accross America

call southern gear. They can rebuild the tranny for a couple hundred as long as it only needs blocker rings and syncros and bearings. I went through 3 junk trannies until I decided to get a good tranny. Trust me, get the good one first, you will waste much less money.

Heh heh heh: "Love my SC hate the pos M5R2."

Nice, that says it all!

I am looking into buying the synchros and replacing them myself. I have a friend that has a nice new lift and plenty of room to work.

By the way, I'll be in Danbury Connecticut for the summer if any of you guys want to meet. I will NOT be driving my Annie though. There's no way I'll risk her safety up there.

Back