rough idle????????????????

outlaw95

i have a 95 sc with a problem, when it is in gear and i come to a stop it wil act as though it is going to stall. can anyone tell me what is going on with it????????? i would appreciate any help with this.

thank you,
jeff

Most likely your IAC Valve (Idle Air Control) is getting clogged with buildup gunk. Obtain a can of CNC brand ****Teflon Safe**** throttle body and air intake cleaner only. Then remove the air intake hose from the throttle body and spray the throttle body insides real well, open and shut by hand while doing. Now with the intake hose still off start the car. Disregard the check engine light, now it wants to bitch, and when you need to know something it disregards you! Get the car to idle on it's own, it takes it a moment to figure out the mass air meter isn't connected and compensate. Now get out and with remaining spray, hose the throttle body in the area of the little hole going off to the side in front of the throttle plate, this is the idle air valve's intake port. You will have to work the throttle with your other hand to keep the engine from dieing when you're doing this. Don't be afraid to use too much. When you almost out shut if off and reconnect the intake tube. Reach in the back of that valve cover and pull up the PCV valve stuck into it. Twist it around so it's facing up and spray the rest into the PCV valve. Stick it back and start it up. The light should be out again and it should idle right. If it doesn't your IAC Valve is toast and needs the boot. It's the black plastic thing screwed onto the side of the throttle body where the port is. Get one from Ford to avoid potential parts house problems that are common on this part.

Instructions: Use tools to remove and replace.

Vernon

And it that doesn't work, check your engine mounts ;)
In fact, check em anyway if they've never been replaced. You can look from underneath in the back to see if the mounts are resting metal to metal on the bottom part of the brackets.

thanks for the help but it has started acting right now.
i had just bought the car and had put no fuel in it my self, it was full. today on the way to work i put some in it,it is not as bad now and getting better. i think that the lot that i got it from put bad fuel in it. (CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP). it is the 3rd that i've had so i know alot but could not get it to stop doing it. it should be pretty sound though, it only has 72,000 on it.

thanks alot
jeff

Back