Maf ?

curse

My mass air flow sensor on my 94 tbird is on it's way out. I figure at $70 for a stock one might as well upgrade:D . Should I get a Pro-M thats comes with electronics and everything, or get the C&L and buy the mass air from my local parts store? Also what size. I was thinking the Pro-M 75mm bullet race, or the 76mm C&L. I also have a 80mm Lightning mass air, but don't have enoght money for the chip needed to run that mass air. Any input would be great thats.

Victor

Vic - if you are sure that your stock MAF sensor electronics are shot, then why not go for the Bullit, it's probably cheaper overall. I forget what the voltages are for the two limits (idle & WOT), but the sensor can be checked & cleaned. In fact, if you are out of range you will get a "check engine" light anyway. So unless that's happening I suspect the sensor wires just need gentle cleaning with a "q-tip" and alcohol (especially if you run a K&N filter - because oil can build-up on the wires). I have the C&L on my 93 and the Bullit on my 94 - both work fine.

Thanks for the input Jim, I get code 157 when I pull them. I do run a K&N filter and I haven't tried cleaning the wires. It wired I don't get the CE light all the time, just when it wants to and when this happens the car's idle drops from 700 to about 500 and them goes back to 700. Any ideas, plus the electronics is just an excuse to upgrade haha
Thanks again

Victor

just because the comp is throwing a code for the MAF doesnt mean that is what is wrong. I have a C&L and when i put it on the comp was throwing codes for both O2 sensors saying that they were reading lean when infact yes they were reading lean but not becuas they were bad but becuse the MAF wasnt reading right.

I wouldnt use the C&L as i have spoke to a few others including stang owners who said they have the same problem. Even after my EEC was tuned by DR FReD i still had the problem. I have heard good things about the Pro M if you wanna look into it. ALSO do not buy any sensors for a ford from the "parts store". Use only genuine Ford Motorcraft Replacements. You will regret it trust me!!

chris

Thanks Chris, i will look into it, I am pretty sure it is MAF, I will know for sure once I check the voltage. Thanks again
Victor

I'd use that 80mm lightning maf, it's the best of the ones you listed. I can burn you a chip for $225... that's not too much more than your other alternatives. Plus you get the other benifits of a chip.

Brian

Back