AOD question...

kamakazie_1

All right all you parts swappers out there... What is the newest AOD equiped vehicle that would fit my 90 35th anny?? I'm going to go junk yarding this weekend and I need ideas.. What else can I get an AOD out of to fit mine... Are all the AODs that ford had on the V6s capable of handling the SC engine?? Are any better than the ones in the SC.. My AOD is toast I want to get one with lower milage and make it last the rest of the year till I can come up with the money to rebuild my current one or by an ART CARR... Just don't want to spend big bucks right now...

thanks

RJ

Trans

Don't know what the last year was for all fords,but for the SC it was 93 I think.As far as a better AOD then the SC one, their isn't one the SC AOD is the strongest one ford made and even then the SC motor is capable of tearing it out.If your get a junk yard trans DO NOT,I repeat DO NOT get one that was from a 6 cylinder, they are the weakest,Use one from a V-8 ,mustang or t-bird.Crown Vic's okay to.The best is from another SC. And by the way KEEP YOUR FOOT OUT OF IT. until you get yours rebuilt.I good rebuilt should cost about $1500- $2000.Anything less and you will be putting a new one in very soon.I replaced mine 6 times in 11 month.

Back