help!?

Turbong2001

Ok i found out that the fan wasnt comming on, so i did some digging and found out the elec. fan relay isnt working, the thermo tells the cpu to turn on the fan, the cpu tells the relay to open then on to the fan, i bypassed the cpu by putting on an adjustable thermastat controll thus eliminating the cpu and relay....All is Good

ok

no the other day i asked about my temp going way to high when at an idle for more then 10 min. it would over heat! but i was told its the relay for the electric fan, and i know the fan isn't turning on! And i bought an adjustable thermastat control, to bypass the cpu and relay, is that a good ideal or what? Is it possible a head is blown?

Unless you see white smoke, are losing coolant, smell coolant, or have a low compression (you have to check compression), then maybe not. Did you try a different IRCM? It could be as simple as low coolant, you might not think it is but you could be. If you have a crack in the overflow then you for sure are low.

Jeff

i am lossing collant but havent checked the over flow yet, but i keep it full, and its a slow loss? No smell or smoke, runs great, and cools of after the 10-20 seconds of driving, im gonna have it comp. checked to make sure!

Read this.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17885

If you are losing coolant make SURE that you don't have a crack in the overflow. If not then you might just be low. Fill it to the rim and let it get hot, shut the car off and allow it to cool and burp out any air trapped inside when it cools fully it will draw in freash water. Lots of times the air will get trapped in the thremostat housing and insulate the hot water from the thermostat and sender for the gauge. When this happens the temp says normal then shoots up. It doesn't take much air in the system to cause you problems.

Jeff

Drive it to a radiator shop & have 'em give your cooling system a pressure check. Your heater core might even be leaking, common problem on our favorite car.

'bird

Back