Blown Heads?

gasket

your exhaust will smell real sweet and will be thick white smoke.the car will run hot,water in your oil and vice versa.crappy idle check engine light on.best thing to do is a compression test.

ok only runs hot at idle then when driving it cools down, no sweat smell or smoke, so it sounds ok. But i'll run the test just for fun, i would like to know for sure.

Wow, your a glutton for punishment. Never changed plugs have you? But seriously you should check the compression. It isn't always as easy as coolant in oil or the other way around. Sometimes you just lose coolant. I drove about 45 miles after I was pretty sure that mine were going. (had to make it to the airport). I made it all the way home. When I slowed to an idle after about 20 seconds I would miss on one cylinder and after I started to accelerate it would go away. I was pretty sure that's what it was. After getting home it started smoking BLUE and smelled of oil bad. That's when I pulled it down and found it was a headgasket after all.

Jeff

Back