bent connecting rod what can case

corey796

bent connecting rod what can cause

ok i thought i had a bad lifter after pulling the heads and now the motor
i found a bent connecting rod there is no signs of valve to piston contact im going to get the injectors tested what else should i check

ps the bores look great i used a screw driver on the starter seloind and with intake of and the valves all open and close
i just bot the car and it made this sound when i got it

Last edited:
Blown headgaskets can cause it. Basically, if/when it leaks badly enough, the cylinder will fill with coolant/water/etc. Water doesn't compress real well, and the piston is coming up and boom.

miles and water

the car has 112,??? miles and it did not blow a head gasket they were in good shape when i pulled the heads and no signs of water in cylinder plus the car ran great the little i did drive it from the car lot to my place about a mile

How sure are you that the headgasket(s) weren't replaced just before you bought the car. I got one of my cars because of a bent rod. The people who owned it blew a headgasket and let enough coolant into one of the cylinders to bend the rod without them knowing. They had the headgasket replaced and soon after the engine started knocking. After I bought the car and pulled the motor, I found a not-so-straight connecting rod in there.
Was the motor knocking? Did you check to see if it spun one of the rod bearings (the rod that was bent)?

i will see

i work the guy i got the car from and he got it from another guy up there.
i will check with him but the intercooler tubes had the factory teflon seals i dont think any one has bin into that car for a good amount of time.
if its not a head gasket and not the injector i didnt see and valve to piston impact were wells can i go

ps im going to have the injectors check friday or monday

thanks

Back