Price for O2 Sensors

93SC

Anyone know how much they should cost? Got a price that I thought was a little high.

The sensors are usually between 60-80 dollars each if you get them from a parts store.

49.30 at NAPA auto parts.
How hard is it to change O2 sensors.
Does any one have instructions, how to change.
thanks

49.30 at NAPA auto parts.
How hard is it to change O2 sensors.
Does any one have instructions, how to change.
thanks

I paid about $40 ea.for my '93 and over $60 for my '94 (different model sensor with longer leads). It's easy to change, just unscrew sensor from the header/downpipe (varies with model) using an open wrench. New ones come with a little anti-sieze paste already on the threads, so be very careful not to smear it on the sensor tip. Other end of lead is a plastic connector, again location varies a bit with model. On my '93 for example the driver's side connection was high up just below the valve cover. Best to put the car on ramps or stands, so your arms have plenty of room.

Just changed mine about two weeks ago. Simple. The hardest part is getting them loose. Everything else is pretty easy. On the driver's side, it was a bit of a pain getting the connectors back together. It took one person on top holding the harness, while the other was below pushing the connectors together. It took a whole 15 minutes I think. The pass is very easy to get to. The key is having the proper tools though. I went to a friend's house who has the O2 sensor socket. Worked like a breeze. But like I said, the driver's side is a little tricky to get to. Not as much room, but not all that hard of a job. I got my sensors at Car Quest for about 38 each. I got the "good" price though. They normally sell thm for about 53 each.

Back