Flo~Pro mufflers installed (PICS)

89xr7man

Got the car back from the muffler shop last night. Removed resonator, put in y-pipe, two Flo~Pro mufflers with tips and WOW!!!!!!!!! Car feels like it jumped up 20 horses. Now I don't think that could really happen unless my resonator was clogged or something but there is a huge difference at lower rpms in torque and horses. Got some pics here:

Attachments

• flopro exhaust installed1.jpg
    flopro exhaust installed1.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 468
thx, it sounds real good, I'd rate it over the billets, flomasters, and dynomax. And about the same as the borlas with resonator, but w/flo~pro you don't need a resonator. Now my car doesn't get into the boost near as easy and still gets higher boost. I can break the tires loose in first gear easy w/out clutchin it.

Nice car.

Could you post some more info about those mufflers? Do they really sound that good without a resonator? I'd love to trash my resonator but I don't want ANY ricey sound. Does yours "buzz" at all during any RPM?

Thanks!

i never heard of FLOPRO before, but im new to cars. how much does these type typically cost? any good websites with cheap FLO-PRO mufflers? i gues i could go do a search, but i never get the answers i need from a search..

i decided bein lazy is overrated and i did a search. herse there webpage that i cam up with http://www.flopro.com/homepage.htm

and hey, which ones did you buy? there are MX series, oval, or round. which ones? and about how much do these things cost? i couldnt find prices on the site.

Last edited:
I went with the MX Series. They ran me 85 each installed, but you can find them online for about 50 each plus shipping. Believe me, you won't be disappointed.

Ya, I was afraid of the ricey sound but he assured me it would sound good. And he was RIGHT. Now I'm still using stock cats and he said after downtubes and high-flow straight through cats it would sound even better. He quoted me $320 to make two custom downtubes and have hi-flow cats installed, not tooo bad. Can't wait till I get the money to do that so I can crank up the intake w/out worries of blowing the headgasket.

oh, ya.. I don't get any drone sound and at cruzin speed of 60-80 it just has a nice low sound comin from the rear like a V-8.

Ya it's a sleeper right now. I figured I care more about how it runs right now, I'll worry about the rest later (that is after i fixed some rocker panel rust that looked bad, what a pain. I had to completely cut out the section of the rocker panel that was rusting from the inside out, welded new custom bent galvanized metal in place and finished it up).

I do have some gfx for the sides to install but still need the pieces that attach to the door before i can put those on. If anyone has any let me know. Also, any tips on installing the mounting pieces for the gfx?

Last edited:
you can weld? why dont you just get some 2 1/2 inch pipe and weld in to replace your cats? that woudl cost way less then $320.

today i am goin to the muffler shop when it opens and having them bend me the peices to replace my cats and resognator. it will only cost like $10-$20 to get the replacement pipes and then at work im having someone weld it up. i might even order some of those flo-pro mufflers if they have them in stock for a resonable price.

thanks for the info on the setup man, i know ill be happy with an identical setup.

Emissions testing for Texas goes by county. I lived (and still have my cars regestered there) in Montgomery county there were no emissions testing there, just a visual. I never had convertors on El Diablo and no one ever looked under the car. I've been asked about the exhaust, and I always tell them it's single (3" mandrel bent), so they never ask anything else. Starting in January though Montgomery county was supposed to go to stage 1 testing which is the tail pipe test sans dyno. Houston went to the dyno testing. So really it depends on how close you live to a major city. We all know that there is nothing in West Texas but tumble weeds.

Jeff

Are you sure last I heard no one lived in west Texas. ;)

What I was getting at is most small counties don't have emission testing.

Jeff

Back