Times???

siebersblack89SC

I made a bet with some guys at work that said I could not run under 14 flat in the 1/4.
I havent ran my car yet so I won't find out 'till summer but would like to know just what else has to be done to achive 14s or under.
This is what I got,for speed anyways:
'95 5spd.
-MAC cai.
-ported blower
-raised top.
-10% pulley.
-3:27s
-Steel tentioners
-255lph fuel pump
-76mm MAF
-75mm TB
-High flow cats.
-Magnaflow Res.
-Borla Mufflers.(exhaust all costom)
-180 deg. T-Stat.

All I can think of now!

If anyone has any input as to what I would run now or what it would take to get me past 14 seconds please post a reply.

thanks.

traction, no wheel hop, a Fan switch (or chip) to work with the 180 T-stat :)

and a small shot of luaghing gas :)

You could probably run in the 14s, but a sub-14sec run is pretty doubtful. Run it though and see what you come up with.

If you've never run it I think you are going to have a tough time. My times with my '94 5-speed were pretty awful. Might think about adding a double intercooler and underdrive pulleys at the very least before you go out and race it. Actually... either that or see if you can get in on the aluminum jackshaft pulley instead of the underdrives, might be a better bet. I was expecting to be running mid-14s with my mods and ended up with really lousy times (of course I think a few things came apart ;-)

Good luck
Paul

When I had the same mods as you I ran a best 14.135. You'll need to get traction on your launch to do it. Put some 100 or 104 track gas in it as well. Borrow some drag radials from somebody if you can. Give yourself about 30 mins cool down between runs and keep your coolant temp down to the N mark.

I think your going to lose the bet...going under 14 flat would mean running a 13.9, and your not likely to do that.

David

If you really think you can do it, make sure you do the usual things before you go to the track.
Like,
1. cut back as much weight in the car as possible(spare, jack, subs, anything.
2. Change the plugs and maybe wires
3. Change the oil
4. Get some serious rubber on the back for traction
5. Learn to launch with better rubber
6. Ice the blower top and IC tubes in between runs

isn't race gas a Bad thing to be running on a Street FI car?? IE it's LEADED!!!!

Well all the race fuel i know of is...

and traction.. that is a key thing.. I know with my 5spd swap (other then the slow shifts :) ) i know my timewill be down.. there' not traction off the line, no traction into 2nd.. and i get a chirp into 3rd.. ALOT of time lost...

but yah, toass on a set of U/D's too.. may drop yah .1 seconds :) swap a pumpkin with 3.55's Redo the rad surport.. Er ain't gonna go there, but it's a good hint (among MANY other `ideas' ):)

Both the strips here in GA have unleaded 100. Atlanta Dragway has 104 unleaded as well. It's cheaper and better than octane booster. One other thing that you can do is to gut the interior as well, the seats, trim panels, anything that can be removed take it out, all 200+ lbs. I knocked about .3 sec off of my times doing that. It may be the only you can run a 14.0x. You really need ported heads to run 13's.

It can be done but if your planning on it don't wait for summer. You need the air as cool as you can get it. You'll need a good set of drag radials and an excellent launch. You'll need to get rid of that 10% O.D. pulley, it's to much for a 94/5 SC. I wouldn't go any smaller than a 5%. Underdrive pulley's would be a big help, I'd say a must. Give your SC a good long cool down between runs and ice down the intercooler. Remove all weight from the trunk and try to run with about a 1/4 tank of gas.

I have ran under 14 seconds several times in my 95 5 speed with basic bolt on's the best being a 13.778. Stock heads and cam as in stock long block, stock intercooler, stock PCM (no chip or tuner) full interior, full weight except no spare and jack. Like I said it can be done but your going to need cool weather, excellent traction, and an excellent run from start to finish plus the things I mentioned earlier. :D

Last edited:
yOU cOUld always put in like a gallon of 93 and a gallon of 100 and find a happy median. yOU can run 100 safely, but i wOUldn't make a habit out of it.

Back