Suggestions.

Wicked SC

K! I'll be changing the P/S/ pump and steeering rack on my SC pretty soon. Any suggestions on what else I should do while my car is in the O.R.?? (I know I should change the Pressure and return lines, but I was told that I have TWO pressure hoses. I only know of one - where's the other one??) :confused: :confused:

There are only two lines. Check the pictures below. While you'r under there inspect the motor mounts to make sure they're in good shape.

power%20steering.jpg

power%20steering%20zoom.jpg

question for Mike

I saw your wonderful diagram of the power steering pump assembly and thoughmaybe you can be the "chosen one" who can help me with my EGR. I am putting a new motor in my 90SC 5speed. The "new" motor didn't have the EGR setup so I swapped everthing that was not cooked..burnt..destroyed from an exhaust leak on the old motor. Anything that was destoyed has been replaced, like the metal tuble & electroinic sensor, but my dilemma is there are what appear to be electrical and vacum hookups. I have a factory manual for an 1989 but shows nothing on what wires & vacum tubes go to and where they come from. PLEASE help me if you can. IE: pictures, diagrams, anyone else who might know.
THANK YOU Randy

Sorry,

someone sent me the P/S pictures a while back when I was asking questions and I just kept them.

I do have alldata's web service for my 89 so I have access to a bunch of stuff, but nothing that really shows a good shot of the external wiring.

Best I could find is below. Maybe someone else can help you piece it together. Post a new thread on the forum here and ask specifically what locations you need to know.

egrlocations.jpg

Back