Heater Coil & Mice, fun fun...

Bschiffer

Unfortunately for me I found dead mice (very small) on my passenger floor matt this past November. I found them on a Sat morning when vacuuming\washing the car. I only drove it to work the day before and there were no mice that I knew of on Friday. So, I am pretty sure they did not camp out there for long. Question is, I did vacuum out where the heater blows on both sides of floor. I did get some dead grass and other things that appeared to be the early stages of a new home.

After cleaning up the mess and running the heater it smells like burning toast? :) Guess one of those guys didn't make it out onto the floor matt.

I need help on how to remove the lower dash to get to the heater coil and other components to fully check that everything is cleaned out.

Ideas?

90SC 40k miles Silver\Blk

fan

pull the 3 screws out of the blower fan under the dash and vacum out the box ...check the cowl vents out under the hood by the windsheild ..likely where there getting in

thanks I will give that a shot. Only 14 degrees here in Boston today, I'll be checking this out next weekend when its supposed to get up to 40.

I'm in the process of putting a new motor in my 90SC and decided since the car has 230,000 I'd replace some stuff while I can get to them. Some thing are harder than others, such as the heater core, looked like it wouldn't be too much of a project, but after cracking the dash cause I left a screw in I had no idea was there. I think I'll put most of it back together and bring it to the dealership. So, my advice, if you're gonna do it yourself, take your time and don't force anything. Good luck. Randy

Back