Transmission fluid?

t-birdjackle

I used the search and didn't find an anwser :) So my question is what kind of trans fluid should be used in 93 SC auto? Thanks.

Where do you buy Mercon IV? I have seen III and V. Mercon V is recommended to correct torque converter shutter on 4r70W tranny. All AODs can use Mercon III, and I have heard Mercon V can be used in a AOD, but I don't know if that is a good idea.

trans fluid

u think its the trans fluid that cause my trans to go in neutral when im turning?..i was turning once when my car was cold, like 4 mphs and it just neutraled....i parked then i put in drive again....it worked fine....
it also takes like 3 seconds to engage on drive in the morning...but like .5 of a sec on reverse...whats the prob?

Sounds like you are low on fluid. Or maybe the pump is weak.

Check the fluid in park with engine running after you have driven some.

Jerry

The pump inside the trans. If it's not your fluid level then you will have to have it looked at by a trans shop.

trans

allright, thanks. i have to stop by there tomoro, cause this is a big problem. i just rebuilt the trans for not having an overdrive, and it comes back with other problems. i think a rebuilt trans should last me at least more than my 148thou mile engine, which in this case lasted about 8 thou miles.

Back