Got roller rockers, which studs to use?

FlyinLow

I just got the Harland Sharp roller rockers for the 351C and I need to know what studs to use with them and where to get them. I dont think the kit includes studs but correct me if I am wrong. Also what is the average life span for the stock stamped rockers, there were deep groves worn in mine with 250,000 miles on them. Does that seem about right? Should I replace the lifters too?

Thanks

You should have gotten that info from the place or person who sold you the rockers.

From your comments I'm assuming they are stud mounted rockers. The only stud mount kit that I'm familiar with is the conversion kit made by Crane. It has 3/8" NC threads on the lower portion and 7/16" on the portion where the rocker attaches. It also includes ceramic push rod guides.

It will be necessary to retap your heads to 3/8" instead of what they are now. For added strength you may also want to helicoil each hole.

If you want my opionion...your already in over your head if you have to ask what studs to use. Return those rockers and buy a set of non adjustable pedistal mounted rockers that use the standard bolt holes and pushrods. You will be glad you did.

David

Back