Got a detailed engine? Post a picture. Got tips?

JAFO

Any good tips? I've got a couple of chrome pieces on the way and I want to get this cleaned up before they go on, I guess when I have the intake off.
Besides the DIS and battery, is there anything I need to take extra car to protect from water?

Post what you've done, I'd like to see what's possible. Think I've got a long way to go.

Here we go. I polish just about everything myself. I did my rims, intake, IC tubes, IC, Top, thermostat housing, dress pannel. Anything that is aluminum, i polish it to a chrome like shine. Here are some pics before i did the rims and IC and dress pannel.
306588_2_full.jpg
306588_3_full.jpg
306588_4_full.jpg
306588_1_full.jpg

I sprayed mine down last summer and hosed it off, without covering anything up, so long as u don;t directly spray water at the DIS or alternator and stuff u should be fine IMHO.

billzr.jpg

I just added some paint, and wire loom and a few other things and it looks a lot better then plain stock

how come mines missing all those blue straw things?:confused: Mine only came in grey and black, did someone remove them or what?:eek:

Missing blue straw things = -10 hp @ 2800rpm Or so my Honda friends tell me. ;)

Watch out when washing the engine off around the vacuum hoses on the back of the intake area by the firewall. One of those pops off and it's a real pain to put back on.

Back