Need Spec.s on head bolts?also no EGR?

white90sc

Hello,

Are these the right spec.s for torqueing the (T-Bird SC) head bolts?

.......HEADS.......

first of all get new bolts, the torque sequence is step 1= 37 lbs,,,,,step 2= 45lbs,,,,,,,,,,step 3= 52lbs,,,,,,,,step 4= 59 lbs,,,,,,,then loosen bolts two to three turns then retorque to 45-55 lbs,,,,,, then rotate an additional 90 - 110 degrees.

also while changing my Head Gaskets i noticed that I don't have a EGR valve, just a metel bracket?

THanks guys,

Jerry

:confused:

Torque specs sound right though I don't have my book in front of me. Make sure you use new bolts because they are torgue to yield and cannot be re-used, proper sequence as well is very important.

A 90 AOD will not have an EGR valve and port will be blocked off. Only 89-90 5 speeds and the very odd 89 AOD has EGR. All 94-95's have EGR.

ok

The reason i was asking is because the Toyota Supras headgaskets burn out like our's, and they are torqueing the head 5 lbs more then the book!

Thanks,
Jerry

head gasket

Timely question as today I torqued hg and went thru steps 1-5 then tested a 90 deg turn. I set bar to 90 lbs and it hit that at 45*.Then
next set wrench to 100 lbs and most clicked at 100 at 90*. Seems tight, has anyone tried similar test? Wrench hardly budged between 37-45-52-59 lbs and the 90-110* turn seems large push/jump.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
90 sc auto kn filter platinum,apart but soon to be roadworthy;)

Back