tire size?

shotbirdsc

I have a set of 17" rims that I am going to put on my car and was wondering if anyone has 245/45/17 tires on their cars--what I am wonering is the .95" difference in diameter noticable? I can pick up a set of these tires at a pretty reasonable price but I don't want to get them if they look funny. Car has stock suspension on it as well.
Thanks Eric

The 245/45/17 is a slightly shorter than stock tire and would look funny on a stock suspenion 'bird.If you are planning to lower it in the near future go with the 45s but if you are planning to stay stock I'd go with a 50 series tire.

i use 255/45zr17 front and 285/40zr17 on the back, it's a little taller speedo is 5 mph off 75 is really 70.
joe

Eric, I used to have 255-45-17 on my car, they were first bolted on about 2 months before I lowered it. The gap with those looked awful IMHO. If you're looking for a nice size in 17" to use with stock ride height, consider 245-50-17 ... almost identical to the diameter of the 225-60-16 stock size. The Bird fender openings are too big to be putting much shorter tires in, especially when the car is at stock ride height ...

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Thanks for the replies, I'm glad I asked here, the Tire guy said that it wouldn't look noticeable. Always best to ask the experts! Thanks saved me from spending $$ and hating it after or having to spend more $$ to get it lowered which I'm not the biggest fan of because of driveways that I go into.
Eric

Back