Car stalls

smokymance

it was cold this morning, and it took my car at least 5 minutes to drop on normal idling RPMs. then as i was driving, i noticed that as soon as i pulled away from the brake, and barely touched my acceletator, the car would hesitate to Rev up. it would rev low then kinda hit when it was reving up. after a while, as i just pressed the accelerator, it just stalled. it goes nice when i get off the brake, but it idles low when i touch the accelerator. i noticed that when i was again idling it on park, and when i would barely touch the accelerator, it would idle lower, and when i touched the brake, it would idle higher. all this is kinda new to me, and i have no idea what is going on. i just dont want my car to stop when i give it gas. i think it is time for another tune up. can somebody explain this to me, and tell me what i should get done on my tune up. thanks. oh yeah... the car is an Auto,

Does..?

Does the car shake at all? If it does, ours was doing the same thing, check the oil right away. When u start it does it stall itslef or get close? Have u put any cleaners in your gas? I did that with our car and all the crap got stuck in the filter, thus preventing the flow of gas to the chambers and so on and so forth. I recommend u have ur oil checked and changed, and that u replace ur oil and fuel filter.

oil

i have changed the oil like about 1000 miles.....but after i changed it the low oil light came off...i changed it at firestone since it was freezing outside and it needed to be changed....they put penzoil on it...is that it...cause i dont really like penzoil...where shoulld i change it next time...car only kinda shakes when it hits since it wants to stall and it then revs up....its like letting go of the clutch to early on a stick then making up by giving it more gas...it seems like that....the whole car kinda jumps forward...not a lot but noticable....hop its not expensive....cause im broke....thanks alot for all ur help

Back