sc is freakin out!!!

tondog

last night i raced this guy in a new v6 eclipse and when i got to around 13psi in 4th gear(around 4500rpm), my car started stumbling really bad and my shift light kept flickering on and off and there was a beeping sound that kept coming on and off. after i slowed down, i couldnt get the needle on the boost guage to go above the A on vac. with out it stumbling really bad. and my check engine light is still coming on when im decellerating in gear. please help!!!

yeah, but he probably thought he won after i slowed down because my car was freakin. i had a couple of car lengths on him.

ok this thing has got me completely confused. i just took it for a test drive and it started doing it again so i smashed the pedal to the floor and it accelerated flawlessly. when i finally let off the gas and pushed the clutch in, the needle on the rpm guage started jumping around and my car stalled. please help, i feel like i am in the twilight zone.

ok i ran it for codes and i got a code 98 and 66. i thought that my cam sensor might be bad so i switched out my sensor with the one from my dads 95 but i still had the same problem. and it only seems to happen after the car warms up.

well, last night my car started driving really bad. to the point where it couldnt hardly even be driven. started it up again tonight and it couldnt even idle and died about 3 sec of being on. the engine felt like it was detonating or something, so i decided to disconnect my eec tuner. after i disconnected it i started my car and she ran a lot better. my check engine light went off but after a while of driving the car started to sputter again. i drove it for a while and it just seems to happen sporatically(not at any given rpm or throttle positon). does anyone know what this could be?:confused:

I had a throttle position sensor (TPS) bad on my wife's '88 E150 that caused the same symptoms. I fought with that problem for two months thinking it was temperature related. The sensor checked ok, by the way. We changed EVERY SENSOR and the computer before finally changing the TPS. The van has run great since changing it. Good Luck to you!

Back