the miles counter stoped.

dont worry about it. in the next ten years youll have the sc with the lowest miles.;) you can try buying a new speedometer and while you are at it get the 140mph unless you already have it.

It's called an odometer. And it's called the CAPSLOCK key!

Thomas

PS. Check the cable on the back of it.

adjusterdave said:
I HAVE A 94 SC AND THE MILES COUNTER STOPED! HOW DO U FIX IT.
Just another un-reliable Ford part, Same thing happened to me on my 92. I just replaced the speedo with one from a 94SC.

Cheers,
Calvin

Mine's finally stopped all together too, after being on and off for a while. As much as I'd like my SC to stay permanently <100k miles, I'm addicted to using the tripometer. I haven't taken the panel off since I did my headlight switch, hate to risk rattles, so I'll just ask: Is it necessary to replace the whole speedo, or is there a smaller part that could be replaced?

BTW, while in there, is it the gauge face that makes it light up green, or are there green bulbs? If it's the bulbs, I'd like to see if it's possible to swap for red or amber.

Odometer

Mine stopped working also. Spoke to the speedo shop and they told me it's either goning to cost $80 or $200 depending on what they see when they take a look. Either a gear or they'll need to replace the whole unit.

Val

Same here

Don't take it to ford. I learned the hard way, but thats when I didn't know jack about these cars, cost me $475 from Ford.

Just get a new speedo, used one and put it in. You will save lots of $$$$.

As far as I know the speedometer is electronically driven (for sure in the LX). So don't go looking for a bad cable. If the speedometer is working, but the odometer doesn't you definately have a problem within the instrument cluster. You should check for obvious shorts first.
Personally, as long as the speedometer and tach work I wouldn't worry about it, but you should be able to get a cheap unit from a junk yard, it just may be hard to find with the extra SC gauges (oil pres, tach, boost/vacuum) you are used to.

Good Luck!
Speed_Demon

You just need

You just need the speedo/tripodometer gauge, it comes out. Just take the dash apart and then pull that one out.

Drew

Back