body

Just start searching for bolts.

The front fenders are retained with bolts along the top. A couple bolts you access from inside the door hinge area, and then a couple bolts at the front with a bracket attached to the front part of the frame.

The bumper cover is retained by a bolt behind the corner lights, and underneath, and on the sides.

Not sure about the rear

rightfrontnofender.jpg

fender.

i got in a little fender bender a while back and my front driver fernder is a little bent at the front...i was thinking of just getting a new one....how long would it take to get a new one in there....taking the old one out and new one it. thanks

If you've done it before.. 30 minutes. But for you, maybe 1 to 1.5 hours.

It doesn't take long at all. Probably more time spent trying to line it up. But the front bracket that it attaches to behind the headlight header panel can be tough to get at.

removing fenders

First remove the black plastic pieces in the wheel wells. Then there will be 2 bolts on the inside of the bumper cover on each side right above the lights on the sides. Remove them. Then remove the corner lenses, then the black plastic piece that holds the headlights in (just a few 8mm bolts). Once that is done, take off the bumper cover. Then there will be 3 bolts in the front of the fender, 2 at the bottom behind the wheel, and I believe 5 or 6 on top. Once you get those out, the fender will slide right off.

fender

that bumper part seems hard....i dont think i can get to those bold, well i havent actually studied that part before....does anybody have some pictures? and the instructions need me o take of the front bumper right?

I don't know of any pictures. But it isn't that hard. Just start looking for where the bumper is connected.

It's held to the fenders on the side. It's held to the body by a couple tabs behind the corner lights. And it is retained underneath by a bracket and a bolt, and then a bunch of body retainers underneath.

You'll figure it out if you just do it. If it's too cold to work on it and figure it out, leave it until spring.

fender

i was looking through my open door and i see 2 bolts...i can figure out how to take the top off but not the bottom.....oh yeah....my bird seems to be in love with Grand Am's.... like 2 months ago, this GA slams on their brakes, making my birdy give it a love tap in tha back....cracking my front bumper right on top of the air intake thingy on the front bumper.....today im backing up out of a parking spot....all of a sudden booom....from another GA....funny part, my other car at home is a GA. im just scared i will sometime hit my own grand am or i will hit my bird with my grand am. oh yeah.....sorry its of topic. later i'll ask how to take my back bumper off.....

Back