Opinions on coolant additives

JAFO

So what do you guys think of this stuff? Never tried it, but I was thinking I'd give it a shot if there's something to it. Went to an auto parts store, all they had was something from Pro Blend (?). Bottle said to drain rad, add this stuff and water. No coolant but what was held in the block! I don't like the sound of that. Got rresh coolant now, if there's a good additive that can just go in, I'll try it. Is there a good brand, and does it really seem to do some good?

Water-Wetter

I put a bottle of RedLine's WaterWetter (available at Pep Boy's) in my cooling system the last time I flushed the system. I can't swear that it works because I put in a 180* thermostat and an adjustable cool-fan switch at the same time, but I haven't had any negative effects (the car runs at about the "N" in NORM now and it used to run around the "M")

I will personally swear by Waterwetter. In my truck, I threw an electric fan on and in traffic, when the AC compressor flipped on, it would overheat in about 30-45 seconds (start too). After the waterwetter treatment...(6.99, cheap enough to try)...It would never get above halfway, or it would sit at .25 of the gauge at idle without the AC on. Give it a try, have been running it for about 50,000 miles with no problem.
Regards,
TBSCoupe

Back