Making sense out of upgrades

plev72

Tech question(ish). I'm planning on doing some upgrades for a change, several related questions.

A note before hand: I don't think I can go to a double IC. Keeping this in mind...

I am looking at getting some MP upgrades (blower,plenum,85mmTB) it is recommended to run 42lb injectors if I want to run a 10% pulley with these upgrades.

Alright, can I get away with upgrading my injectors but leaving the stock 190lph fuel pump alone? If I try to run with the 10% with only larger injectors and not a double IC will I continue to have detonation problems? Do larger injectors help prevent detonation, or do they just keep it from running to lean?

Thanks,

Paul

ive got 42lb injectors, 190lph fuel pump, stock intercooler, and i have a stock blower and i seem to be having detonation problems so you do the math.

I can burn you a chip to help with your detonation problems. You don't need larger injectors unless you are maxing them out. You may be close with 30lb injectors, but probably not quite there.

Also, I would suggest you look into the MP II porting and plenum. Those are the two largest gains I have seen on a dyno, aside from installing new heads.

If you need guidance on the MP stuff, shoot me a message. I deal with their products a lot, and I'd be glad to help. I can probably even save you shipping on their stuff ;)

Brian

The book for an 89 says 29 gallons per hour, which is about 110 liters per hour.

So I'd say 125 is pretty close.

Back