Another M5R2 question PLEASE HELP AGAIN!!!

Mark B. White

Was there any year or model of M5R2 trans that came stock with the brass blocker rings??? Because thats what was in mine and I didn't know that wasn't stock when I ordered my new ones and I may have ordered the wrong ones. Will it matter if the first and second are fiber and the 3-5 are brass. Because it's taking forever to get my parts and I don't want to have to order them again.

No SC ever came with the brass rings. The fiber ones look like they are brass, but are really fiber inside. The F-150 trans is where the brass rings come from.

?? F150 trans ??

Is the M50D and the M5R2 the same tranny or at all related? Can I adapt an F150 tranny to work in my SC??

Different designs. The M5R2's were mosly used in the Mazda Truck line, not the F-150. The F-150 is a different set up.

The M5R2 is related to the ranger/Mazda trans (M5R1?) But According to the guys at F150online the F-150's DO have the M5R2.

But I don't think it would be worth trying to adapt one. You can find SC transmissions, but you may have to have one shipped. Contact Southern Gear, or Liberty Gear, they both can rebuild yours and ship it, or sell you a rebuilt one outright, or you can search online junkyards and have one shipped.

Back