If I swap to 3.08's, what speedo gear to use?

JAFO

If going to 3.08's, what gear will correct the speedometer? I haven't found anything about that, just the 3.27's. 21 tooth for 3.27's, what is the stock one, for comparison?

Thanks, still trying to make a decision on this.

I am using a 19 tooth in mine, you will enjoy the 3:08's they have much better low end snap and still really good top end crusing.

Thanks, where did you order from? There's nothing local, and I haven't found anything that small online.

I got mine from ford. I believe it is the pink gear. it cost 7 bucks. You should be able to get it from Bill E. If not let me know, maybe I can pick one up for you and mail it to you .

Thanks guys, that's a big help. Hoping to get this underway in the next month or two, but start gathering parts now.

Are there any good donor cars for the 3.08's? I think I saw some on a site for about $130. Doesn't sound bad, but maybe I can do better to offset that installation fee.

re

post your results with the new gears 3.08s
I changed to the 3.27 (5spd) and dont really like to much I already have new 3.08s and may put them in this yr.
gl
Josh

i could be, and probably am wrong, but i seem to remember hearing a co-worker mention he had 3.08 gears in his 80's mustang SVO. i dont know if he was:
a.) lying
b.) misinformed
or
c.) telling the truth.

look into the SVO gears, you may find your answer.

oh ok, thanks for correcting me. i had a feelin the guy who told me that was fulla Schit...

so what cars do 3.08 gears come on?

i am interested as i might consider 3.08 gear swap if it makes that much of a difference.

Back