Thunderbirds in TV shows (how lame am I!)

plev72

OK, so, I was watching season 3 of buffy the vampire slayer (I'm lame what can I say... she is still hot though!)

I think it is a green LX, but it might be an SC, couldn't get a good look at the rear bumper, with a spoiler.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Season 3, Episode 7, Revelations, 11m51s

:)

most likely

most likely not an SC but i brought this up a while back when i definitely saw a green SC on the side of the highway. so they do exist! But i hear there's very very few. Some people posted pics a while back..
Damon

I would say that they are ones that have been repainted. I can't find a paint code for them anywhere. Maybe an insurance job.

theres a red 89-92 on the second part of a 2 part baywatch episode where mitch's kid hoby and his mom's Leer ends up at the bottom of the ocean. when they are visited in the hospital at the end, Stephanie ? and pamela anderson are seen getting out of it.

this isnt a show, but it was on TV all this weekend...in the remake of Gone In 60 Seconds, there was, what appears to be a 95/96 SC TBird in the cop chase with Eleanor.....you get a really good look at it when Nicholas Cage(did i spell that right?), drives down the alley with the garbage truck, and all the cop cars pile up at the entrance....that the first and last time you see it tho...:(

89SCK@t said:
this isnt a show, but it was on TV all this weekend...in the remake of Gone In 60 Seconds, there was, what appears to be a 95/96 SC TBird in the cop chase with Eleanor.....you get a really good look at it when Nicholas Cage(did i spell that right?), drives down the alley with the garbage truck, and all the cop cars pile up at the entrance....that the first and last time you see it tho...:(

I know what your talking about... I believe it was an LX though

oh

i guess i dont know tbirds too well....not too mention it was all faster than hell to...the movie that it...at that point...

Any time I watch a TV show from the late 80's to mid 90's I am constantly searching the screen for T-Birds, its a little game I play. My favorite show of all time, Macgyver, has tons of t-birds in it! Seen maybe 9 or 10 prominintly displayed. Just keep looking at that TV screen and you'll find T-Birds/SC's in the strangest places!!! Its fun, like a treasure hunt!!!

It is a cool game, my 12 year old daughter picked one out in traffic GOING THE OTHER WAY !! All casual " there goes an SC dad.... i whip around and lo and behold she's right on the money!
Speaking of movies ,2 mos. ago we went to see the 2nd Harry Potter movie and drove the family van, we come out of the movie into the parking garage and the whole crowd does a double take cause my SC is parked next to our van!!! ( sort of , this one is beat to crap ) Since this was an SC at the movies i thought it qualified.
Keep lookin'
Jeff

his keys fit yours? LOL

i thought each key was like 1 in a million different from another, i guess not, lol

that reminds me of the movie "sunday drive" where 2 identical chevy impalas pull on either side of a motor home, and theres kids asleep in one car and a dog asleep in the other, dog owner (father from the old "blossem" show) gets into the other guys car, and grandma and grandpa (grandpa is tony randal of the odd couple) get into the car with the dog.

the rest of the movie is them finding out they have the wrong car, randal gets arrested, the other guy and the kids get stuck at a motel during a rockslide or something.....

its kind of a cheesy made for tv movie, but your story reminded me of it.

Years ago I had my car in the shop for something, and when I went to pick it up, they told me it was parked out on the street. So I went out and there was a white SC, looked like mine... I used the key and got in, and then I noticed it had a different dash. I was like "oh s*** what did they do to my dash!!!!", then about half a second later I was like "oh s*** this isn't my car!!!!". So I got out and sure enough there was my SC parked down the street...

two things: in the gone in 60 seconds dvd, during that last jump with eleanor off the flatbed, he jumps over a 94-95 sc. you can't see it in the movie, but during the making of bit you can.

other: few years ago i came out of my dentist's office and all i could see was the passenger side rear quarter panel, and a huge dent in it! so, of course, i was immediately p!$$ed! then i realized it didn't have my grey ground effects. woops. all black sc sitting two spaces towards the door from me. but nothing too irk you like thinking you had a hit and run.

Just saw a black LX in the movie Capt. Ron..... Another day in my van ,helping a freind move, Joking around my freind puts his key to his Blazer in my van ( chev. venture ) and opens the door ! I go to his Blazer and can't open the door but I can open the back window.
Comforting,ain't it ????

i love having a PC dvd player to take screenies

ill be damned!!!!! there it is

gonein60SC.jpg

heres another pic with eleanor in place

gonein60SC2.jpg

Last edited:
Funny story

Speaking of keys opening cars they shouldn't, we had this happen to us at work. We were arguing over who was going to get the middle bay. I grabbed the keys to the car i had, and he grabbed the keys to the car he thought he had. No sooner i'm pullin into the last bay, I wonder which car he grabbed, thinkin maybe we took in another of the same make. Well, the other guy didn't check the work order out, and somehow went from pulling in a white 94 civic to pulling in a random persons 90 honda accord. I tell him that isn't the right car, and wouldn't you know, the key won't start the car anymore, although it would still open the doors. So with the help of the shifter release and my big floor jack, we got the car out of the bay. Although, the person who the car belonged to had the strangest damn look on his face when he came back and seen his car moved over 6 spaces and backed in on an angle. We tried not to look at him, nor did we tell him, but we were laughing our @sses off all day long.

Strange though, how things like this can happed. It doesn't hurt to double check.

Back