Which Roller Rockers to get

SupachargedSC

Hi I have a 89 SC and I am currently in the process of a rebuild and I wanted to know if there are any bolt in roller rockers? I have looked and cant find any. My stock ones look a little worn after 160k and I want to stick with my upgrade not replace theory.
Thanks all

i got the bolt ons from supercoupeperformance.com. although now i wish i had gone with adjustable roller rockers.

i think they are the same ones used on mustangs but maybe not and they work just fine. there are no clearance issues with the valve cover or anything.

although now i wish i had gone with adjustable roller rockers.

The pedistal mount rockers that bolt down using the stock mounting holes are much stronger. I have had to repair the rocker studs in mine three different times now. The threads on the studs are 3/8" and don't go into the head but about half as deep as the bolts do.

I've torn three right out of the head and one came unscrewed. The rocker studs are the weakest link in my engine.

David

rockers

Pedistal mount rockers for a 5.0 will be the wrong ratio.
Ours are 1.73, so if you get the pedestal mount rockers for a big block or a 351 Cleveland which are 1.73, they will work. The only problem will be that the bolts that come with them will be 5/16" and ours are 8mm. So you will have to buy new allen head 8mm bolts.
I bought 3 sets of 351C roller rockers and split them up into 4 sets of v6 rockers and split the cost savings 4 ways. If you can find 3 others that want them, it's a good way to go.

Does anyone know a phone number to get in contact with Stegimeier? I want to buy the roller rockers but there is no number just e-mail.

Get some 1.8 pedestal mount rockers. They will work on stock heads, and give you more lift. The result = more air, more compression, more power, more aggressive sound, lumpier idle.

Bolt-on.

I got mine from Morana V6 Racing, who built my engine. They are Scorpion 1.8 roller rockers, and they are some very good quality, high performance rockers. Here is the link:

Scorpion 1.8 Rockers

He has a toll-free 1-800 number on the site that you can call. Tell him Bill McNeil recommended you call him about these.

rockers

I paid $189 plus shipping for 351C roller rockers and after I split the cost 4 ways it came to about $150 each. Plus $5 for the correct size bolts.

rollerrockers.jpg

There are a lot of roller rockers out there. The cheap ones might not last as long as you would like. Look at things like the size of the needle bearings. Crower steel and aluminum rocker arms (which come in 1.73, 1.75, 1.8 ratio for 351C Ford) have nice big bearings and heavy duty construction, but cost maybe $350-$400. Harland Sharp rockers come in 1.73 or 1.8, cost half as much, but the bearing is also smaller. I don't know much about the Scorpions, but Morana seems to charge about $125 more for a set of 12 than anyone else charges for a set of 16...

I saw some Harland Sharp 1.8 rockers on Ebay last week, but they were stud mounted.

Any idea on a good place to buy decent 1.8s Rob?

Back