bumper removal + PAINT help!

stephens89sc

ok well there are a few things i gotta get done with my front bumper off, i need to fix the fog light mounts, find out why one side is lower than the other side (under the headlights)
and fix my sidemarker

so guys, how do i go about getting the front bumper off? what are the steps ????

and btw guys i need your opinion, im getting my car painted asap, i have blue cloth interior, what colour paint should i get? what do u guys think?

Not sure about removing the bumper. I did the foglights from underneath (wasn't too tough) and the corner marker can be done by under the hood. (not sure if you already knew that but anyways). On the paint it would have to be either blue, black, or white. I'd go with white again since if you did it any other color the inside of the doors and engine compartment would still be white. Just my opinion.

No prob. Your paint looks pretty damn good from your picture there. May I ask where and how much you're getting it painted for? I'm thinking about doing my hole right side.

stick with the white, I still think it is the best looking SC color. I love the 89 white. Don't care so much for the pearl, but I love the earlier models white. my 89 is White with Blue interior. Ahhh so nice want to touch the tailpipe...ooh sorry.... wrong conversation.... wrong group of friends . lol just kidding,.

i just went thru removing the bumper on mine two months ago.

there are the screws in the wheel wells, two per side on the sides where the bumper comes along the fender. there are some going forward from the fender to the bumper. youll have to undo underneath where it mounts to the rad support. and what i did was removed the panel that the headlights attach to with the bumper. thats what i remember. there are some nuts in not so nice places. i used the big holes in the underside of the bumper to reach up from underneath to get some of the nuts off.

im actually gonna paint it myself, i have a big garage, compressor and 2 spray guns so im gonna attempt it myself. its only like
$200cdn for paint so if it sucks i'll just get it proffesionally done, no harm in trying, besides. i have all the time in the world.

I would stay with the white also. I have a blue 89 sc and was going to paint it white, but decided against it due to the doorjambs, underhood, etc. Much cheaper and quicker. I am doing mine myself, but am going to a local college to use their equipment due to the SCFM req. for most HVLP spray guns.

Back