Mean exhaust?

blown11

I want the exhaust to sound loud and shake you like a TA with a nice exhaust, rumbling thunder feeling. How can I go about doing this? Im not worried about drone or emissions. Would stright pipes from the begning to 2 dynomax mufflers do the trick? any help?

If you are looking for a V8 type rumble out of a V6 it is never going to happen. The firing orders are much different and we are 100 or so cubic inches shy of a TA motor.

If you go with straight pipes into 2 dynomax mufflers it is gonna sound loud but ricey. Put a Magnaflow resonator in and it will deepen up the tone quite a bit.

okay, because the guy I bought the car from had a custom exhaust, but a crappy one at that. Just one pipe coming back into a Y into 2 dynomax mufflers... Is that unsafe for my headgasket?

If you had a loopey cam, no cats, long mufflers (and good ones), headers, and some decent power, it could reasonably sound somewhat like a V8, especially at idle.

As for sounding just like a Trans Am or any other V8, the difference in engine types just wont allow it.

Back