brake light under acceleration???

scmitch

lately when i have been under a faily mild acceleration my red parking brake light will come on for no reason. i do not even have my foot on the brake pedal and the parking brake is not on. Nothing seems to happen the car drives perfectly fine and nothing is wrong with the brakes, the only thing that happens is that light will come on. The antilock brake light will not come on. Has anyone had a problem like this or even heard of anythingh like it. thanks for the help

mitch

brake light

I 2nd that, it's the fluid level, I just replaced my ABS unit after it was leaking for 2 years ,so I have seen that light alot in the past. That was my early
warning that ABS was going out
a brake light on acceleration every 3 months You might check for wetness around the firewall & fender as well as the pump assy.

I 2nd your 2nd!!! I had that problem 2 weeks ago, put some fluid in the bird and did not happen again.

Here's another idea.

Maybe the switch for the actual parking brake is a bit out of adjustment so that when you accelerate, the handle lifts a bit causing the light. Just a thought. It can also happen as the cable streches.

Back