94/95 Auto shifter

ChrisPearl95

Guys,

does the extremely tall and granny looking shifter in the 95 autos bother anyone except me? Are there any alternatives/replacemets in a lower profile that work with the AODE?

Just curious...i hate the way they look.

Chris

I know B&M makes a hammer ratcheting shifter for the AOD. I will be putting one in my other SC soon.

I don't think they have one listed for the 4R70W cars because of the O/D button.

I have seen on TCCOA.com that some people have added leather boots to the shifter. I'll try and dig up a photo or two.

shifter3.jpg

shifter4.jpg

Don't know how you'd deal w/ O/D with the shifter in the 2nd picture. Maybe you could wire up a switch to kill O/D.

Scott....leather boot

Scott, would I still be able to see the letters with a leather boot? Where can I look online for this type stuff. BTW, heard back from your buddy, I'll be calling him. Getting him to check spring/shock prices too.

Chris

Hmm you may be able to take it apart and trim the `shaft' and reinstall well triming anything else that may be needed... Know you can do it witht he `AOD' shifter and the `4R70W' shifter isn't much different 'cept for the O/D button and it's related wiring

But i amit in the newer interiors ('94+ the auto shifter looks so damn tall)

Chris, no you can't see the letters anymore.

I will be needing new shocks soon on both of my SC's. I think the 92 I might put on the Koni adjustables and rewire the firm ride switch for something else... nitrous?

I don't know if I'm gonna put Tokico shocks on my 90 or what. I need to get it back together first before I worry about the shocks.

I wonder if a Momo shift boot will work. I'm ordering one for my 92 5-speed next week, when it comes in I can see if it would be able to work with a 4R70W cuz Derek has a 4R70W and I can take his console apart and check.

Hey Chris would you be interested in the jerry mod? I am going to learn how to do it and modify derek's trans and see how we like it. If it goes well I'd be up for doing yours. Its supposed to make it shift harder like a shift kit would but its not supposed to harm the trans. Actually it should make the trans last longer because the gears will engage faster and that means less time burning the clutches between shifts.

I just got derek the carbon fiber shifter like in the 2nd picture. We will be installing it tomorrow so I'll let you know how it works Chris. We are gonna try to wire up a switch for the O/D delete. We might also get the same Momo shift boot that I'm getting for my 5-speed and put one on dereks car.

His is a 94.

Scott....leather boot

HEY, where can I look online at the shift boot, I may go without seeing the letters after all. Let mw know soon so I can look tonight. Take a look at the wheels I think I have settled on.

Chris

Attachments

• wheelsmarket_1730_16744110[1].gif
    wheelsmarket_1730_16744110[1].gif
    23.7 KB · Views: 105
those rims look phat! I have a link on my PC at home where they sell the boots. The universal boot that we will use is like $50.15. Its soft black leather and should fit perfect.

Derek put his shifter on today and it works except you can't mess w/ overdrive right now.

50 bucks for a boot? Go and order one from JC Whitney for 20 bucks and it is leather.

Attachments

• shift boot mod.jpg
    shift boot mod.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 58
If you are on a budget and a little Susie Home maker like I am on the sewing machine, hit your fabric store. I sewed this up in about 20 minutes for my truck. I did two others for friends and they turned out 10X as good. This was with Fabic backed pleather, next time will be with leather.
Regards,
TBSCoupe
interior.jpg

Back