Spolier pics

Xenon

It is a Xenon urethane wing that I got from Erebuni (www.erebunicorp.com). It is wing #234 on their site. Costs about $190. Other places may sell the same wing.

Xenon's web site is here: (www.teamxenon.com)

They have links to dealers and other stuff. Unfortunately, their on-line catalog pictures are very poor.

Xenon's part number is 5475. These places may have it for less than Erebuni:

Car Addons
www.caraddons.com/Catalog/subpages/exterior_accessories/Xenon_3.htm

Impact Parts
www.impactparts.com

Image of Impact Parts Item
www.impactparts.com/ford/ftbrd4.jpg

They list the number as #51-5475. It looks like the same one I got from Erebuni. It is a urethane unit that is hollow underneath. We augmented the 3M tape on the leading edge with some screws from underneath the trunk lid. I also have the clear 3M plastic protector on the tops of the fenders underneath the edges to prevent rubbing the paint.

Only problem I have seen on ones that were installed for a long period of time is that the paint tends to crack on the part that hangs over the fender. This could be from slamming the trunk lid or air causing the end to slightly "flutter" at highway (and above) speed.

Pics of wing on my car before SWB mods:

Attachments

• espoiler.jpg
    espoiler.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 396
Thanks George

Good info, I appreciate the links. Did you take a look at the link I posted? What do you think of that one? I think I like yours a bit more.

Chris

It's all so subjective. I think the wing at the link is OK, but it doesn't really grab me.

Here is another one from Wings West (I had to search for 95 Thunderbird, since nothing showed under my 89 search

glamour.jpg

I'm biased (since I picked the Xenon) but it has two nice "dimples" in the back that fit very nicely with the tail lights.

Here is my car after mods:

fordsr2.jpg

Xenon is less expensive also

George,

The link you posted has the Xenon about 60 less than the link I posted. It did not show the pricing for the paint option though. I will send a message to them.

thanks again

The spoiler in the first link looks like the one on my LX. Doesn't look bad in the picture, but in person it looks like a$$.

thanks

Thanks for the heads up if you have the same one. I think I am going to go with Xenon. As George stated, it does have a slight curve which highlights the tail lights.

Chris

Good info George. I am just getting down to getting that spoiler finally.

EREBUNI = $190.00

CAR ADD ONS = $133.00

IMPACT PARTS = $129.00

Thanks again George. I little shopping around goes a long way. And info from the right person....of course!

ttyl,

Chris the one in your link looks like mine but I think the ends are different. Mine looks like Tom's old spoiler but with the nascar angle like in your pic. I bought it from a friend for $50.00 but I haven't had it painted or installed yet. I am getting my roof, trunk, rear bumper, spoiler, and passenger ground effects painted very soon (like in March or April) and I'm having the trunk lock shaved, the ford emblem holes filled, and the spoiler put on. I work with a guy who used to be a body tech for years. Now he does it on the side and has a paint booth in his garage. He quoted me an unbelievable price. I'm sure he could do yours for you very reasonably. If you get a spolier that is not painted he can get the pearl paint and paint and install it for you. Email me and I'll talk to him at work about it for you.

And maybe today or tomorrow I'll go set my spoiler on the back of my SC and snap a pic.

cool Scott

I'd like to see the picture.

Post soon. I think I am leaning towards the Xenon which is the one I originally wanted.

Chris

Well if I could find my digital camera I'd go snap some pics since I'm going to wash my car in a little bit and its nice and sunny outside... BUT I lost it somewhere. Damn I don't remember where I put it. I'll see if my friend can snap a pic for me w/ his digicam.

wicked SC, what the heck kind of spoiler is that, I've never seen one like it. Do you have any side shots? Does it mount on the fenders or just the trunk? You should shave off the trunk lock since its partly covered now. Mine is nothing like that one.

I think I do have a couple of side shots (somewhere in the hard drive). It is a very rare spoiler - kind of resembles the Lumina Euro spoiler. And yeah, it's a 3-piece unit. The main piece goes on the trunk lid, and the other two little ones go on top of the quarterpanels. As far as the brand, I have no clue who makes it. When I bought my '89 SC (in '97), it came with the spolier, so it's possible that the previous owner bought it aftermarket (I just transplanted it to my '95). I've never thought about shaving the trunk lock, though. Sounds kind of interesting. HHMMMM!!!

Back