power steering leak

BadBird90

hello,
i have a question, last weekend i was going about 80 down a street b/c i was pissed off, flew through a stop sign and ramped a hill in the road, im pretty sure that i was in the air... my problem is when i hit the ground it slammed down pretty hard in front, i immediatly stop slammed my fist on the ground, and looked for dammage... i notice a some small bends and scrapes in the frame but nothing to worry about... on the way home i noticed my steering started to squeal, and i checked the fluid, and there was hardly any fliud in the pump. filled it up and looked up under the car and noticed a leak and im pretty sure it was powersteering b/c of the burnt up smell.... but the leak was in an odd location....it looked like it was comeing from some kind of small cooler on the passenger side of the radiator...i always thought it was a pointless little oil cooler... what do i do? did these cars come stock with these coolers...thanks

See the picture below to get an idea of what you could have damaged. The P/S lines run across a crossmember under the oil pan. If your motor mounts are shot a bump like that could crush a p/s line with the oil pan.

power%20steering.jpg

BadBird - you won't have much of a car left if you go on like that !!
The diagram certainly explains the complex hose route; but yes, there is a small p/s cooler on the passenger side and the spring clip hose connections are notorious for leaking. You can either install worn type clamps or just cut a small length off the hoses, just enough to get a fresh connection. Keep an eye on the level after you've done the clips & you could also try that Lucas leak stopper before getting in deeper.

thanks for the info.... im sure that this will never happen again, but i hope you understand what happens when women toy with your mind...i am through with her and i am not falling for any stupid **** like her again....thanks again, now i got something to do so i can relieve some stress.................

Just a couple of things.....
First, remember! you can always buy a "WIFE FOR A NIGHT"
then kick her out in the morning.
Second, remember! all your car asks is that you fill her up with gas and drive her from time to time. ;) :D

Kurt Sr

also

Also, i believe that the transmission lines run on the passenger side byt the PS lines.. (am i wrong?) so be sure to make sure you trans fluid isnt leaking either.... and be careful with you car lol. good luck-
Damon

You have a whole lot of possibilities....when my p/s pump went bad ,the fluid went onto the frame and dribbled off more to the pass side than the driver side where the pump is! Replaced pump ..no more leak ...anywhere!
Just another scenario to choose from
Good luck

me too

I also have a PS fluid leak right now,, it leaks onto the bottom IC tube and down it tot he bottom of the intercooler and drops off there.. i was so puzzled because i knew it has to be PS or tranny fluid but coulndt see where it was coming from but now i know.. yea i plan on replacing the pump, good luck!
-Damon

Back