Mm90 Swap To Mm112

Randy N Connie

Has any one put a 112mm blower on there SC.

If so what parts had to be fabricated.

Anyone have picture of the front, back,top of the blower

Which M112?

There are more than one type I have the M112 used on Jag XKR's and a couple of other models. I have thought about it, but that's it.

Jeff

Attachments

• sc_side112.jpg
    sc_side112.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 266
I believe that if you were to go to the eaton/magnuson site there are different size snouts and one would fit to make it about the same length as the m-90.You would just have to make a inlet plenum for the throttle body to mount on.

THANKS for the pics with the ruler .I was just kickin the idea around about
if it would be possible to install a 03 cobra blower on a SC .Wanted to try
and keep a little bit of a stock appearance.With some H.P. gain. Sleeper.

any more ideas out there.

I think the plenum from a 03 Cobra could be cut,welded, and made to work

Last edited:
I planned on using the NA V6 lower manifold and make an adapter(Maybe with an IC) to mate the M112 up side down. Since I wouldn't have to worry about the inlet being in the back of the lower intake manifold I could slid the blower back far enough to use the stock length snout. No distributor to worry about either (I'm used to Chevy engine layout).

Jeff

The 03 cobra has the plumming set up like our SCs.But the inlet plenum
would need to be cut and welded to fit SCthrottle body.And would need
to make a blower top to look like a SCs top.
I would like to get some dimention of the cobra blower,width,legnth.
& how tall is it.

randy, here's some more info that I didn't have time to e-mail you.

Here's a part you can get from fordpartsnetwork.com brand new
2R3Z 6F066-AA Genuine Ford 2003 Cobra supercharger $1199.99

on top of that, you will either need the stock plenum to modify:
3R3Z 9424-DA Genuine Ford 2003 Cobra upper intake assy, includes, EGR, Bracket, TB, IAC, and snake emblem $ 399.99

or the accufab throttle body and plenum that add 20HP to an 03 setup:
Ford Cobra Throttle Body & Power Inlet Oval 2003 CTB2003 $689.99.

note the throttle/cruise cable are on the wrong side for 03 cobras.
Cobra.jpg

The problem with this setup is that you will have to raise the blower about 3" so the plenum and blower exit clear the back of the passenger side fuel rail. if you let it sit all the way down on the intake, it will not clear that rail at the back. It also may not clear the middle of the rails. Anything wider than 8" is a no-go unless you want to raise it atleast 3". If you look closley at the 03 cobra blower, it's already inverted. That also means you have to use a liquid intercooler between the intake and supercharger. That's okay though, it's the best way to go. If you do that, hook up with me and I can show you some neat intercooler stuff I am working on.

You also can't invert a lightning blower because the inlet would be downward.

The only option is a Jag blower or similar if you want to retain the air to air I/C, and even there I don't think the blower will clear the stock fuel rails (Based on j57lrt's pic).

i-4_B.JPG

Brian

p.s. you have mail.

Last edited:
Back