1990 SC has noisey supercharger - HELP!

rab4jc

For the last 2 years, my 1990 SC supercharger has been making noise (like rattling or popcorn) but not AT ALL TIMES. Anyway, I have been thinking about replacing/ or rebuilding mine.
Could anyone please tell me the ADVANTAGES of replacing my 1990 model with a 94 or 95 model?
Any DISADVANTAGES?? Thanks for any info you may have!
ron rab4jc@hotmail.com

i have an entire supercharger assembly off of a 1990 for sale if you need it. im in illinois or can ship it to you. let me know if i can help, brian.

If you get a 94-95 supercharger you'll need the inlet plenum from a 94-95 also. Or you could get one from Magnum Powers.

Or you can just replace the coupler that is inside the supercharger snout....

Inexpensive and pretty easy to do, just kind of messy......:rolleyes:

on a stock sc the 94-95 will gain you 5 hp you need bigger injector and a bigger maf and tb to take advantage of it to make any real improvment.

you wont put it on a say wow its way way faster it just dont happen the hp gain on 94-95 sc's was caused by a few things not just the blower .

the92-95 maf was slightly bigger and had no screen on it .
the exh has the better striaght flowing type used on 92-95 sc,s
the injectors were bigger on 95/95 sc's so the power gain is from 4 things not just the blower .

id say port a 94/95 blower to S port style use a mp intake 10% overdrive via jackshaft and crank pullys this way belt dont slip use 42 lbs or better inj and a upgraded ic unit bigger maf and tb unit you will be happy but exh must be improved first or you may blow head gaskets .

plenty of mp intakes around at good prices ported heads wake these cars up so does exh and cam so depends on how fast you want to go .
me i went 13:22 on modified early blower 42 lbs inj and ported heads and exh 70mm tb and maf. cheap easy fun and fast for a street car used for everyday running around any faster and id break parts .

get it tuned!!!!!!

Back