2003 Meeting Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonzSC

Suggestion(s):
1. I would hope that we strive to make one meeting each quarter down in the San Diego area.
2. Before anything is cut in stone, we need to pass it through the Chapter for their buy-in.
Just my humble opinion.

SCHEDULE:

January: Dyno Day-Focal Point, John Shelton
February: Calif. Dragway-Focal Point, Al
March 22: Famoso Dragstrip-Focal Point, Al35thSC
April19:Cruise to Julian...San Diego area-Focal Pt-Matt
SC ESC.
May:Carlsbad Drag Strip-May 31st San Diego Meet-Focal Point= Matt Esc SC
June:Tech Party/35thSC's (Mike) House-Focal Point=35th SC.Date is 6-21

July: Dyno Day-Swanson's Date=July 19th...Focal Point-John Shelton

August: Bar-B-Que at Rivlee's house-somewhere in the outskirts of no man's land-Focal Point is Lee...date TBD

September: Tech Party @ 35th SC's house date tbd-Focal Pt.Mike

October: LA County Raceway-Palmdale...Date October 11th,

November: Carlsbad-San Diego, focal Point-Matt ESC SC, Date TBD

December: Toys for Tots-focal Point Matt ESC SC

Last edited:
Availability

Beaumont and Carlsbad aren't open yet, Irwindale's 1/8 mile and Palmdale's booked up with ricers, vets and jr's.
That leaves Fontana and Bakersfield?

I'll try to get some info on Willow Springs, but that's almost as bad as Bakersfield for most guys.

Just got back,

http://www.willowspringsraceway.com/home/home.asp

They're pretty full, but if we can build and maybe get other chapters involved in an annual road course meet, it might work. A days rental is $2,500 which is kinda' tough unless we can get some sponsers.

As the weather improves, i'd say we definitely need to have a bbq meeting. Im not sure of the exact order but...

tech days
cruises
bbq's
drag events

From Jose....

Okay RonzSC.. take it easy.. you don't wanna give yourself a heart attack.. Lets see, well i'd say we should have one dyno a year (i know we already had one, and January sounds like a good time).. We had our Feb meet at Fontana, and our March meet is at Bakersfield.. Now I think april would be good for a BBQ. There is nice park off the 605 FWY off springfield. Its called eldorado park, its a big park with plenty of parking. Probably one of the nicest parks that i know around here.. May would be nice for a cruise, i guess we could go down by santa monica and cruise on PCH.. June could be a Tech day but i dunno in whose residence we could fit all these birds. In July we could test our new goodies (if any) at a track. What do you guys think about Fontana ?? or any other track thats 1/4 mile.... and i believe August is bakersfield again Sept could be a Tech day to fix whatever we break hehehhe j/k.. October we can have another cruise, November we could do our last track for the year since in december might keep us busy preparing for the holidays... but that could change... just my opinion hope it helps...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-21-2003 08:58 PM

SuperCoupe007
14 Second Club

So in conclusion:

January : Dyno Day Torrance
February: Track Fontana
March : Track Bakersfield
April : BBQ @ Long Beach ??
May : Cruise Santa Monica PCH ??
June : Tech Day (unknown location)
July : Track Fontana ? or San Diego ?
August : Trak Bakersfield
Sept. : Tech Day (unknown location)
October : Cruise (need suggestions)
Novem. : Track (need suggestions)
Decem. : You guys decide.

Hey I like this guy Jose.

I agree, Fontana is probably the best bet for now. (close to home :p )
And for a tech day, Mike's is a central location and has all that parking space next to the golf course. Oops, sorry mike. ;)

Small problem, small track

If it were a 1/4 mile I'd go for it.
I'm not about to change to a 4.56 rear. :(

yep

Yea it is a small track, but it is an event, and event that will allow us to showcase our club and cars.

We've been to Irwindale before and have had good results! You dont need 4.56's for the 1/8 and we can practice not spinning...by wee I mean John and I :D

Al

ps:
Jan: Dyno Day Swanson Torrance
Feb: Cal Speedway Fontana
Mar: Famoso Raceway Bakersfield
April: Irwindale Speedway/Carlsbad (if they get their acts together)
May: Cruise San Diego (some form of beach)
June: Tech Day/BBQ Mike's Speed Shop (pot luck)
July: Fontana/Carlsbad/Irwindale/LACR
Aug: Famoso Raceway Bakersfield #2
Sep: Dyno Day #2 Swanson Torrance
Oct: Halloween Cruise/Vegas Cruise (Lolo turns 21 )
Nov: Play it by ear
Dec: Play it by ear (I turn 24 )

Just a suggestion. As for me, i'll be busy trying to figure out where my sc is bleeding from. im dropping coolant either around the trans cooler lines or petcock.

All,
I too enjoy Irwindale! BTW, the tech party/BBQ at Mike's Speed Shop in June coincides with my 40th b-day! Sounds good to me as do the rest of the suggestions!

Mike

Cool we'll get you hammered and turn you loose on al's sc :)

hey 35th, remember that cooling problem i told you about ? Well i think my drain plug is loose or something. today after parking it i noticed it wasnt leaking.. then i reached up and just tried to feel around and when i did coolant started running out.

I thought I remembered it being around that time. Only problem I'd see with it is being too F'ed up to do any real tech work :D

Al

O.K. by me

I'll cruise with the "crew". :p
Just hope that what Al and John have isn't catching! :D

BTW Mike, you know the first thing to go after 40 is the eyesight, followed by........uh,............?

I figure you guys can help me do the heads on my 35th. We could go for a head swap speed record!

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back