16 psi? HOW?

Superloop

Ok, my car has 155xxx miles on it and it lacks power, runs fine but not powerful anymore. I want to overhaul the engine and want to get the best performance parts anybody offers. I found Coy Miller's web site, and I would like to have that stage II done to my car, BUT on the specs that Coy gives it says that you need 16 psi from your sc. How the hell do you get 16 psi? my car only gives 8 psi at wot, it used to give 10 but dropped to 8, I don't know why. Any way, I thought I read somewhere that this superchargers can only spin 15000 rpms. The ratio, (correct me if im wrong,) compared to the engine's crankshaft is 3:1, so that means your supercharger is spinning at 15000 rpms when the engine's rpms are at 5000. If you put an OD pulley and take your car to 5000 rpms the supercharger is gonna spin faster right?
Is it not gonna come apart or something?
I really don't know what to think, so somebody tell me what's up?

( IS there something cheaper than Coy Miller, that I could do to my car to have at least 300 hp?)
Sorry for the long thread.
I have an 89 5 speed, no cats.

There are other places that rebuild heads and blocks. Your blower can be overdriven to more than 10% but you need to have it rebuilt with stronger internals (stronger shaft, new bearings, etc.) also porting would be essential so your blower doesnt just act like a heat pump and some goodies from ESM will spin it enough to make 16 psi. Also, you can make 300 hp with bolt ons only, but it's not advisable since some fo us here snap cranks at lower hp and tq numbers :(

Al

What do you guys recommend for me to buy? what kind of engine kit? Federal Mogul?
And what kind of work should I do on the heads and headers?
If I bore it .030 over, how do I keep the air/fuel ratio 8.2:1?
ADVISE PLEASE!

My recommendation would be for you to read as much as you can in the Tech. Forum, use the Search function for "performance" "porting" "ESM" "dyno numbers" individually, and then decide to a specific range what power numbers you want.

After reading for two-three months on these boards, I have discovered a lot about the SC's and how well they respond to modifications.

There have been hundreds of posts such as yours about "quickest way to 300 HP". Just read and you'll figure it out.

Back