the car is studdering

virgs93sc

My 93 sc 5spd sound fine at idle when I rev it up it seems fine, but when I try driving it, it studders and barely moves. had the same problem last summer, a repair shop said it was the o2 sensor on one side(the wires touched the header and got a little melted) I wasn't sure if an o2 sensor can mess up the car that much, replaced the sensor, seemed fine (a felt a little studder once or twice, but ignored it) they told me the other one was fine. now its doing it again, should I replace the other one, or doy you think it might be the coil pack or other ignition probems(ignition is original with the exception of the wires).
thanks for your help

Been there.

I had the same problem, it happened after I replaced the spark plugs. Anyway, after 2 weeks and new plugs and wires, I took it to ford and they said one of the new plugs was bad and that is what caused it. Start there, only use the ford AWSF 34PP plugs. I didn't pull any codes for the ignition so don't reley on that if you have a diagnostic run on the car. Good luck.

Oxy sensors only come into play after the engine is warmed up and enters closed loop mode. So if you have issues when cold as well, it's not the oxygen sensors.

I'd be checking the spark plug wires to make sure they are routed correctly and firmly on the spark plugs. What kind of wires are your running? Did the problem develop right after the plug wires?

wires

It just kind of happened out of nowhere, my wires are fairly new but nothing special, I took them all out and checked them for damage but they seem ok.

Back