Forums suggestions for the new board-opinions please

S

supercoupe1990

Ron,
I was thinking it might be a good idea to have an "Appearance/ Detailing" forum. I realize the "Non-Technical" forum encompasses this now, but it might be easier when searching or posting ideas and or questions about the SC's exterior. Rather than searching through the non tech forum, just go right to the "Appearance" Forum. I'd be willing to help out in any way I could if you decide it's a good idea.
Thanks,
-Jeff

Re: Appearance & Detail Forum Suggestion

I'm with Jeff on this one sometimes it is imopisble to find something and the questions keep on repeding
for example tire size would mike a nice firt topick in that forum
just my $0.02
Martin

Re: Appearance & Detail Forum Suggestion

Hmmmmm...well I thought it was a good idea! I think breaking up the catagories would cut down on the repeat posts, and make searching the boards much easier. If we had different forums for different things... like a separate forum for such things as: engine, transmissions/clutch/drivetrain, electrical, interior, audio, exterior/detailing/appearance, and so on. Just imagine how easy it would be if you were looking for say info on rear end gears...you would just go to the transmission/clutch/drivetrain forum, and look, or search for what you need, rather than searching through endless pages of the "technical" forum which has everything from a fuel rail to a speedo gear, to a premium sound radio! I mean it DOES work, I just think this would be easier. I guess the only problem with this would be that Ron would have to go through all the posts that are already there, and separate them when we make the move to the new board....which would not be an enviable job! Well, just some ideas, and food for thought.
Thanks for reading,
-Jeff

PS-PLEASE dont think I'm trying to complain about the way the board is now....this was just a thought on trying to make things easier on everyone!

i

Once you start getting too many forums though, it becomes a pain in the buttox for people to search them, and a lot of people will probably stop replying cause it gets too confusing.

I hear ya

True....too many might not be good, but I still think a few more might cut down on repeat posts, make searching easier, and it seems to be working OK for some of the "other" T-Bird forums. I will admit it has the potential of causing a little confusion at first, but I think most of the members are "sharp" enough to navigate their way around a few more forums.
Maybe something like:
interoir
exterior
engine/drivetrain
electrical
non-technical
I don't think that would be too bad......not that I'm hellbent on changing the current format, just improving it. Just tossing some ideas around!
-Jeff
0]

Re: I hear ya

I think we need to come up with a good set of them for when we switch over.
So let's use this thread to evaluate them.

-Ron

Forums within forums?

Ron,
Would it be possible, and do you think it would be a good idea to say have the technical, and non-technical forums, then have some separate forums inside those? Like if you click on the "technical" forum it would open a page with something like:
motor/drivetrain
electrical
interior
exterior
then possibly the same for "non-technical" so that the main forums list page wouldn't really change, you could just have "sub-forums" inside the main forum titles. Just a thought. Wouldn't it be a real pain for you though, you would have to separate, and decide what would go where in all the threads that already exist right? If this ends up happening, I'd be happy to help you dole them out.
-Jeff

Re: Forums within forums?

I think just 6 different ones would be fine

Non technical (shoot the @#%$ etc)
Exterior
Interior
Engine
Suspension
Drivetrain

Separate forums on the new board.....

Tazer,
I agree, but how about combining the engine/drivetrain/suspension into one catagory? I'm just thinking about how to improve it, but still make it easy on the guy who has to separate all the existing threads. I DO like your idea for the six, but if we combined the three I mentioned, maybe we could use the other two for something else, like maybe electrical/audio, and detailing, although detailing could go along with exterior. I'm in no way trying to shoot down your ideas Tazer, just trying to "put our heads together" and cover all the bases...whadaya think?
Ron, I'm wondering if the forum titles (on the new board) will ALL have descriptions of what's contained in them, like some of the current forums do?
-Jeff

I was also thinking about a "How-To" forum, where people could contribute their documented repairs, and mods. You could almost combine this with the newbie forum!

Re: Separate forums on the new board.....

Hrm, ok, how about this

Exterior (wheels, tires, detailing, body kits etc)
Interior (umm, yah)
Electrical (audio, wiring stuff up, etc)
Non technical
Engine

Re: Separate forums on the new board.....

That looks cool to me! I wonder what Ron thinks. So are you including drivetrain/suspension in the engine catagory? I think that would work pretty well.It would be nice to get some other opinions! It seems like allot of people look at this thread (67 hits) but not too many will actually voice their opinions! Oh well, das jus da way it is.....
-Jeff
:cool:

Back