What to do with the M5R2??????

pearlwhite94sc

ok guys that replied on my last transmission post will remember we were talking abuot using a T56 Tremec transmission. problem here is tremec wont make a bell housing to fit our cars. (unless someone tells me it is the same as a 5.0 or a 4.6)
so back to square one. Ford dealer says the syncros for the trans are obsolete, mazda said they needed a ford part number to x refference, did that and mazda couldnt find any part.

SO NOW WTF do i do? anyone have some syncros they want to sell me or know where i can get them or have any ideas on the T56 or anything at all to keep my sanity?? lol

Thanks
Chris

tranny

hey try 1-800-utc-gear all they dill in is manual trannys and they have real good prices they should have what u are lookin for

thanks guys i will call on monday! do you have any ideas on about how much its gonna cost to rebuild her? (blocker rings, syncros, bearings, seals and maybe a second and third gear.)

thanks guys
chris

parts

if i remember right it was like 80 for all the syncros from utc gear and u would have to ask for the rest of the parts

I get all my syncros from Ford. I don't know why you are having trouble finding them. Maybe you are looking at the wrong thing. They do list the "syncro assembly", but that is the whole thing. You don't need the whole thing, just the rings. They are about $29 each list. You can still also get all the shims, seals, bearings and other parts you may need. If your tranny really has bad gears, then you best find a replacement. There are lots out there. Have you taken yours apart? Usually the only things you need are some bearings, seals, and syncros.

i havent torn it down yet but i figured that it had been grinding soo bad for so long caus i just didnt have the money to fix it in third gear that i would probly be better off replacing it just to be safe. i went to three different ford dealers and they all could give me the price for blocker rings but not the syncros. they said they are obsolete

Chris

Back