hi performance heads

pearlwhite94sc

Hey is anyone running the Apten-Steigemier heads? are they worth the money? how about the Morana M shaped heads are they really worth the 3000?

Chris

Here's a few guys running Stiegemeier's
Chris Spanel 303RWHP
Chris Mendola 316RWHP
There are a few others out there running the same heads, can't remember tonight.

Dave neibert and chris wise are running very similar heads, with similar welding. I think dave is using Stiegemeier's springs too.

Brian

Yes, I'm using Bob' springs and retainers and he did the welding on my heads. Like Brian said they are very similar and actually flow a little better than mine do at lower lifts.

David

wow

Damn dave those are killer numbers. What work did you do to your drive train to get it to handle so much power ?

stiegemeier....

My heads are currently being redone by stiegemeier. I had some porting and bowl work already done on them by another shop a few years ago, but am having stiegemeier go back through the heads and do some welding and porting to get them to flow better.

Thanks Guys so do you think they are worth the money?

Dave i looked at your profile and that motor is sweet but i find it hard to believe that you are barely running low 13's with that thing! I ran a 14.024 only on a few bolt ons! that just seems like that car should at least be a 12.9 er.

Chris

I don't think Dave has had the car on the track since he posted those dyno #s, He's done lots to the car since his signatures ET.
That car should be mid to low 12s easy, with all the work thats been done...Dave?

Since racing it in October, I've done several mods and increased power considerably. It ran 13.3 with 277 rwhp & 375 rwtq, so I'm expecting low 12s now. For comparison, the same day I ran 13.3, Chris Wise ran a 12.1 and he only had 340 rwhp.

I'll be racing it for the first time this year in two weeks at a TBU meet in northern Indiana. Hopefully nothing will break because I've got to drive about 300 miles to make it back home.

David

Last edited:
Bobs heads are the ****.. He has the best flowing 3.8 SC Heads proven on a flow chart... along with his cam, lower intake work & roller rockers... you cant go wrong!

Chris

From what I remember of reading about Sprout, he is running a whole setup from Morana. So apparently Morana can do pre-99 V6 heads too.

he does do pre-99 heads, I believe that Bill M is running his stuff too. But his single ports don't flow nearly what the split ports do.

Morana is making one split port intake that will work on pre-99's, supposedly for v6 sprout to test. But there is no plans for manufacturing that.

Brian

What track will be hosting the TBU meet.I am not able to read the TBU sight.
The print is to small that sight will not work if you have a mac. Its a bill gates only
machine sight.

Randy,

Here is a link and the TBU meet info.

http://pub83.ezboard.com/fthunderbi...ssageRange?topicID=3304.topic&start=1&stop=20

March 7th

Meet at the hotel Drink beer talk cars and pass out in a hotel room of some sort

March 8th

Paintball @ Omega Extreme paintball field about 4 miles north of the hotel

March 9th

Drag racing at US-41 Dragway (hopefully we will have good weather for the weekend)

Hotel/paintball/drag racing INFO
-----------------------------------

Fairfield Inn Merrillville
8275 Georgia Street
Merrillville, IN 46410
USA
Phone: 1 219-736-0500
Fax: 1 219-736-5116

SWEET DEAL FOR PAINTBALL !!!! 40 bucks gets you all the rental equipment field fee for the day ... free air fills (unlimited) all day and 500 paintballs

US-41

$20 Racing ... Test & Tune / Bracket

Racing admission includes 2 spectators in the car

$5 general admission (if your not planning on beating the hell out of your car)

SEE YA THERE!!!!!

Ryan

guys if anyone is interested we can get a group purchase on these Steigemeir heads. we only need 3 people to order a set and i am in so that is one. we need 2 more. check the group purchase for them it is a great deal as i am getting these either way and it would be nice to have a HEAFTY discount on them!!!

email me at chrisfixesthings@aol.com or post in that group purchase link if your interested!

Chris

Back