what do you think??

stangbanger67

Im in the process of putting together an 89 cougar xr7- supercharged 3.8/ auto. For mods I did some mild porting on the intake ports and the heads. I also have a 76mm c&l mafm, 75mm throttle body, port matched stock inlet plenum and some mild porting on the exhaust manifolds. I also have an art carr valve body, one piece input shaft and a 2100 non lockup converter. I'm still going to pick-up a raised top, and a cai kit of some sort, which one gives the most bang for the buck?? For the exhaust i'm going w/ 2 1/4 downtubes w/ high flow cats into a magnaflow resonator and out to either a dynomax or flowmaster "cat back". I've also got some 4.10 gears in the basement, but I'm not sure if I want to use them or go w/ 3.73's. My question is, what do think this thing will run in the 1/4 w/ a set of drag radials? Im shooting for a low 14.00. What do you think???

i dont know about a time, but everyone on this board will flame you for mentioning 3.73 gears, not to mention the 4.10's :(

i say, more power to you for tryin something different with gears.

What do you mean "flame him"??
Hes running an AOD & the 3.73s are the correct choice
Although the 4.10s are a bit too much gear for our cars.
You'll be running out of engine in 3rd before the traps, and if
yopu use OD you'll regret if after long...It won't take much WOT upshifting before the band snaps!

Back