vacuum line diagram

scott campbell

I'm 95% done on headgasket repair, Chiltons paperback doesn't have a vacuum diagram. I have one vacuum line at elbow on back of throttle body missing the hose. Searched everywhere for loose lines and this comes up missing. Found a previous web page that was supposed to have schematic,but for some reason I couldn't download it. Does anyone know where this line attaches, and a schematic for a 90 SC auto?

There should be a vaccuum diagram on the radiator support which identifies each air hose. Check it out and note each line which is connected until you can locate the line you have left.

There are really only a couple of choices. If it's a big line then it either goes to the vacuum tree(white one) or over to your drivers side fender and hook to the tree with your washer hoses hooked to it. The only other one that I could think of would be the hose that comes from your PVC that just has a short rubber hose that "snaps" in on the bottom of the tree on the back of the intake plenum. Hope that helps...Bill

The elbow you're talkin' about connects to the PCV system. It 90's down and a short length of rubber hose connects to it. The rubber hose then connects to a metal tube that runs to the PCV valve in the passengerside valve cover (there is a small section of hose that connects the metal tube to the PCV valve).

Sound anything close to what you're lookin' at?

Need pics just let me know.

'bird

Back