can i just grind this of

corey796

i have never tride porting heads or any thing like it

in this pic i put a circle around that valve guide bump thing can i take a dremel and grind that of or will i need to have the guide change

im just changing the bearing and putting it back to gather i dont want to send the heads to a shop if i can just polish and take thoughts off

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 268
i forgot

i would like to do this on intake and axhaust and do you think doing this and a polish would help any

you can take that off, but of much more importance is the short turn radius which you can't really see in your pictures. That is where 90% of the gains are made.

Did you find this thread:
http://sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17024&highlight=head+porting

With this picture?
exhaust%20ports%20110102.jpg

On the short turn radius, which is basically the bottom of the port, the 3.8 exhaust port makes a really sharp turn from the valve seat to the outlet angle. In fact the corner is almost a straight 90 degrees. This is where the most gains are to be made. Smooth this transition by rounding it off. Increasing the radius of this curve will greatly improve flow. The radius of the stock curve is about 3/16" or less. The radius of the welded head in the last picture is about 1". The best you will get without welding is about 1/2". You don't want to flatten the curve out, just increase the radius. I hope that makes sense. If not, well, I tried. :)

Back