How hard is it to replace motor mounts?

Its a bitsh

the first time you do it . After that you are a pro.
have a full selection of extensions and U joints. Just get under there check it out closely and go after it.
Alternative is you can pay to have it done and your car is running the same day.
good luck.

i called FORD and they said 300 bucks. To me 300 bucks is worth it. Why bother with the pain in the @#$.

i got new mounts through work and paid a shop to put them on.it was like 160.00 labor and 70.00 for the mounts,sometimes it just easier to pay,unless you like,really like working on things. oh yeah,$300 from the dealer sounds resonable,id go for it!!

I'm planning on pulling my supercharger to send it in for a rebuild as well as the plenum and throttle body (and injectors), also my IC tubes (obviously) will be removed - bottom one too... as it is custom it is pretty easy to pull off. I figured I would have fair access to the engine mounts from the top or at least be able to see what I was getting into from the bottom with the extra daylight? Will the fact that all these things are removed help substantially? I'm also planning on doing the trans mount and the diff mount(s???).

Paul

To get really good access to the mounts from the top you need to remove the accessory drive brackets that are bolted to the engine.

Once those are off, it's easy street. Kinda.

drivermount.jpg

Back