To all website hosting and service professionals..

tbirdsc35th

I am in need of some professional input from the current state of web hosting services. The free service I am currently using was taken over by new owners and the home office is now in Costa Rica. For over a year things were fine, but now under the new ownership, I have problems with access to the site way too often. Their record of performance has gone from 8/10 to 2/10. Currently as an example all of the files in a subfolder, just a subfolder mind you, are inaccessible. Over 24 hours now and no responses from the support group. I can't afford this. I need access to be constant and consistent to the site. It's growing way too fast for me to allow myself the option of being cheap. So I need inputs as to services that can provide me with inexpensive but totally dependable access and support for hosting the Registry. I need a service that can allow me full access and functionality to the site without having a website address that is miles long. I would also prefer the hosting service to be based in the US. Any inputs and thoughts will be appreciated. You may email me at either webmaster@35ththunderbirdregistry.org or tbirdsc35th@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Last edited:
Managed a workaround. Rewrote the html for some 30 pages and removed references to subfolders. Moved all contents to main folder. removed subfolders. All of my subfolders were not accessible from the net, even the ones I had that weren't public so permissions were changed on subfolders without my knowledge. This is the thing I am talking about. If anyone sees any problems with accessibility to any of the Registry pages, please notify me at webmaster@35ththunderbirdregistry.org.

Thanks.

Back